Guidelines for Community Room Use
The Summerfield-Petersburg Community Library Building is a gift to our community and is maintained by the City of Petersburg and Summerfield Township. This building and library is an asset to our community and we want it to remain so. A board of directors sets the policy for the building's use.
It is necessary for all public facilities that guidelines be adopted and followed by all who use it. These guidelines must be followed when either renting or using this building.
- The community room is available without charge to any civic or youth organization from the City of Petersburg or Summerfield Township. Only adults can reserve the room and an adult must be present while the room is in use.
- Reservations must be made in advance at the Summerfield-Petersburg Library. All requests are honored on a first come first serve basis. The room is available daily from 6a.m. to 11p.m.
- Those who rent the facility may set-up the day before ONLY if the room is not being used by someone else. If another group is using the room for day hours only, the room may be used for set-up in the evening before IF the prior party has left. If reservations are placed within two weeks of the event it must be paid in cash. No checks or money orders will be accepted.
- COST: For residents of Summerfield Township and City of Petersburg a $ 50.00 non-refundable rental fee plus a $35.00 cleaning deposit will be collected. The refund and fee must be collected before the use of the room is given. The $35.00 deposit will be refunded by mail within 30 days after the key is returned and the room is left as specified. For non-residents a $100.00 rental fee plus a $35.00 cleaning deposit will be collected at time of reserving the room. The $35.00 deposit will be refunded by mail within 30 days after the key is returned and the room is left as stipulated. Closing check list form must be completed and returned.
- Tables and chairs MUST be returned to original layout. (Guide is included). Trash is to be emptied and placed in dumpster outside the back of the building. Extra trash bags are found under sink. Floor must be swept and mopped. Carpet must be vacuumed. Cleaning supplies are in room across from the kitchen. Tables and chairs are to be wiped down.
- Check Bathrooms—Make sure they are clean and trash emptied.
- Shut off all lights and lock doors when leaving.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted.
- The Board, City of Petersburg, or Summerfield Township are not responsible for injuries or damage to any member of a party or the equipment they bring in for set-up.
- Doorways cannot be blocked.
- Individuals using the community room please park in city parking lot across the street.
PLEASE OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES WHEN LEAVING
- Make sure all burners on the stove are off.
- The restroom toilets should be flushed and lights in rooms are off.
- All light switches are in the down position (night lights come on after 5 p.m.)
- The thermostat is set in an "auto" position. Set the heat or air- conditioning to please you depending on the season. The temperature is set at 68.
- All doors to the outside must be locked.
- The hall doors to the Community Room should be propped open with wooden door stops.
- Return tables and chairs to places as shown on the attached diagram.
Business Party Rental Agreement
Community Room Layout