Village of Maybee, Michigan
Village Hall, 9051 Raisin St.
Maybee, MI 48159
Meeting Minutes - October 13, 2004
President Gaylor called meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. with Pledge of Allegiance.
Roll Call: Gramlich, Liedel, Lieto, VanAuker, Weyher, Younglove, Gaylor, Grubb and Iott.
Motion: Gramlich 2nd VanAuker to accept minutes of Sept.15, 04 Village Board meeting as corrected. Carried.
Motion: Liedel 2nd Weyher to pay bills as presented. Carried.
Items from the floor:
- Lt. Robert Oetjens addressed concerns of resent break-ins at local businesses. He suggest talking to business owners and asking them to update their windows, front & back entrances, security systems and never leaving start-up cash on premises.
Motion: Gramlich 2nd Lieto
- President Gaylor addressed concerns from residents of Village Court sub-division.
1. Snow removal and street salting has been scheduled for this year.
2. Mowing of retention pond will be responsibility of homeowners. Each homeowner owns 5% of the pond area.
3. Street lighting and trees are the responsibility of the developer.
4. Village of Maybee will get a bid to repair storm drain on Antes Drive.
5. Treasurer Grubb looked up property owners tax bills and explained that they are not all the same if there is a home on the property.
6. Attorney Crossley is still investigating the water assessment charge to the property owners. Treasurer Grubb explained if payment isn't made than the county puts a lean on your property.
7. Maybee CoOp has accepted a lease agreement from the Village of Maybee for the Mill Street property. Agreement is for five years at $500 a month.
to have President Gaylor sign a lease with Maybee CoOp for five years at $500 a month. Carried.
Motion: Weyher 2nd Lieto
- Discussion held on Village of Maybee passing a resolution to continue holding their own elections.
to set a public hearing for Nov. 10th at 7:15 for public input and Council vote on passing a resolution to continue holding Village elections in the Village. Carried.
- President Gaylor checked with the State of Michigan on procedure to combine offices of Clerk and Treasurer. To combine offices we would need to have a special election. Council feels it would be better to keep both positions for now.
- President Gaylor has scheduled interviews for candidates seeking the office of Clerk due to Clerk Iott resigning in Nov. Tabled till next month.
- Councilperson Younglove has received 2 bids for the concession stand and is still trying to get volunteers and possible donations.
- The Santa Comes to the Village Committee has confirmed date for Santa. An additional float that looks like a Farris Wheel will be available for pictures. Councilperson VanAuker will be sending letters to business owners inviting them to participate by decorating their buildings. Two residents have put their name on the house walk through list. A possible date maybe set to coincide with the Church's decorations.
Motion: Gramlich 2nd VanAuker
- LMR Fire Board treasurer will be resigning and Jean Grubb was nominated by President Gaylor to be the replacement.
to appoint Jean Grubb as LMR Fireboard Treasurer. Carried.
Motion: Lieto 2nd Liedel
- Street Administrator Schassberger informed the board that Baldwin Rd. was reclassified by the State of Michigan as a major street. Antes Drive, Kreps Drive, Quell Circle and Lentner Circle was denied for this certification period. A bid was accepted for $2,225 to cut, remove stumps and chip brush of 7 dead trees in Village.
to have Erie Tree Service cut, chip and remove stumps of 7 dead trees for $2,225. Carried.
- Mr. Schassberger suggest crack filling and resealing of Blazer Rd. He will get bids for next meeting.
- Trees on bike path will be planted this month and trees on Raisin and Bluebush will be next month.
- Repaving projects for 2005 were discussed. Streets on the West side of Village were listed. Joseph, Frederick, High, Short and Raisin Streets are in need of repaving. President Gaylor will start the bidding process and final decision will be made on cost of each one.
- David Arthur should have final report on sewer retention ponds.
Next meeting will be November 10th at 7:15 p.m. for public hearing on Village Election resolution and followed by regular Village Board meeting.
Motion: Younglove 2nd Lieto to adjourn at 8:35. Carried.
Billie Iott, Clerk