Village of Maybee, Michigan
Village Hall, 9051 Raisin St.
Maybee, MI 48159
Meeting Minutes September 13, 2006
President Gaylor called meeting to order at 7:30 p.m. with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Those in attendance, Council VanAuker, Weyher, Lieto, Liedel, Younglove, President Gaylor, Clerk McCurdy. Those absent Council Gramlich, Treasurer Grubb.
Motion: VanAuker 2nd Lieto to approve the reading 8/9/06 minutes. Carried.
Motion: Liedel 2nd Younglove to pay bills as presented. Carried.
Treasurer Report: accepted as printed.
Items From the Floor:
- John Manor introduced him self as a Republican candidate for the Vacant House seat District # 56.
- Stephanie Suydam of the Maybee Recreation Committee gave a certificate of thanks to Dale Younglove & Mark Liedel for all the work done on the Muti- Purpose Building.
Multi-Purpose Building: Council Dale Younglove said construction is almost complete. Dale said the Maybee Recreation Committee needs an additional $2,800.00 to finish the building.
Motion: Younglove 2nd Weyher to transfer $ 2,800.00 from the General Fund Acct. to the Maybee Recreation Acct. Carried.
Large Item Pickup: the date has been amended from 9/16/06 to 9/23/06.
Motion: VanAuker 2nd Weyher to amend the date to 9/23/06. Carried.
Plumbing Inspector: Mr. Zarb will stay on as plumbing inspector until a new one is found. President Gaylor asked Councils opinion on contacting Eldon Weiss to be the Village Plumbing Inspector. Tabled.
Library 2007 Budget: Proposed budget for the Maybee Library Advisory Board for 2007-2008 is $12,005.00. This is a increase of approx. $ 178.00.
Motion: VanAuker 2nd Younglove to approve the 2007-2008 Maybee Library Budget. Carried.
Sewer Budget: Monroe County Drain Commissioner submitted the proposed 2007 budget for Operation & Maintenance of the Maybee Sewage System including London Township’s Collingwood Estates Subdivision. The approx. cost to operate this system in 2007 is $60,971.00, plus $ 1,000.00 for replacement of equipment. This represents an increase of $ 4,498.00. In addition the Village of Maybee has agreed to set aside and retain in the Village acct. $ 5,000.00 for the Sludge Removal Reserve Fund. Total budget for 2007 is $ 66,971.00.
Motion: Lieto 2nd Liedel to adopt the 2007 budget of $66,971.00 for the Operation and Maintenance of the Maybee Sewage System. Carried.
Ordinances: Village attorney Connley has reviewed and returned the Village Ordinances.
- Ordinances that require no amendment. Ord. 112 Truck routes, Ord. 113 Weed & Grasses, Ord. 114 Cable Television, Ord. 115 Traffic Code, Ord. 121 Building Code Enforcer, Ord. 123 Michigan Gas Franchise (expires 2024), Ord. 131 Adult Entertainment.
- Ordinances that need review in entirety and will be done so by LSL. Ord. 116 Zoning, Ord. 117 Fee Schedule.
- Ordinances to be Repealed. #22 Hawkers & Peddlers, #101 Building Construction, #102B Railroad Speed, #104 Blight, # 105 Curfew, #106 Disorderly Conduct, #107 Parking, #108 Building Codes, #109 Plumbing Codes, #110 Park Damage, #111 Park Damage, #118 Park Hours, #119 Park Hours, #120 Building Code Enforcement, #122 Uniform Building Code, #124 Abatement of Dangerous Materials, #125 Blight (Amendment), #126 Disorderly Conduct Amendment, #127Uniform Building Codes / Rights of Way, #128 Blight / Fire Charges, #129 Blank Folder, #130 Special Assessment Procedure, #132 Special Assessment Procedure, #133 Blank Folder, #134 Special Assessment Procedure, #137 Blank Folder, #138 Vehicle Storage.
Motion: Weyher 2nd Liedel to repeal the above listed Ordinances 2006-001. Carried.
- Ordinances to be Adopted with new numbering system.
2006-001 Repealer Ordinances,
Motion VanAuker 2nd Younglove to adopt 2006-002 Blight. Carried.
Motion: Younlove 2nd Lieto to adopt 2006-003 Disorderly Conduct. Carried. Motion: Liedel 2nd Younglove to adopt 2006-004 Metro Act / Rights of Way. Carried.
Motion: Lieto 2nd Liedel to adopt 2006-005 Fire Charges. Carried.
Motion: Weyher 2nd Lieto to adopt 2006-006 Vehicle Storage. Carried.
Motion: VanAuker 2nd Weyher to adopt 2006-007 Special Assessment Procedure Ordinance. Carried
Motion: Liedel 2nd Younglove to adopt 2006-008 Parking. Carried.
Motion: Younglove 2nd Weyher to adopt 2006-009 Park Damage. Carried. Motion: Younlove 2nd Lieto to adopt 2006-010 Park Hours & Penalty. Carried. Motion: Lieto 2nd Weyher to adopt 2006-011 Cable Television Term ( cross reference #114). Carried.
All Ordinances can be viewed at the Village Hall.
Motion: Lieto 2nd VanAuker to adjourn at 8:55 p.m. Carried.
Next Meeting: October 11, 2006
Roxanne McCurdy, Clerk