Bygones of Monroe:
On West First Street at address 8 and 10 was the Union Bus Terminal. This is where the Detroit and Toledo bound busses stopped. It serviced lines such as The Greyhound and the Blue Goose Line and the Short Way Lines (reference is made to these lines in the 1937 to 1940 Monroe telephone books). Passengers and small package forwarding was available. Major bus service routes from Monroe to Detroit were along U.S. 25 & U.S. 24 which became one route north of Monroe and along M-56 which serviced all of the beach areas.
Anonymous patron recollections