16th Poet Laureate Named! - Kay Ryan is the New
Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry to the Library of Congress
1. Who is the new poet laureate of the United States of America?
2. What is the official name of this position?
3. Before the position was known as the poet laureate, what was it called?
4. What is the plural of poet laureate? Poet laureates or Poets Laureate?
5. Is the poet laureate paid a salary?
6. Who names the Poet Laureate?
7. What other country has a Poet laureate?
8. What does the Poet Laureate do?
9. Was Shel Silverstein ever named Poet Lauret?
10. Was there ever a year when more than one Poet Laureate was appointed?
How many did you get right? Score Yourself:
9-10 You deserve an Apple
7-8 You deserve a Peach
5-6 You deserve a Kiwi
3-4 You deserve a Lemon
1-2 Try Again!