Stress-Free Holiday Tips
It is a well-known fact that stress levels spiral during the holidays. The first step in dealing with holiday stress is to be aware of it and to seek out ways to ease the situation.
Mayo Clinic, WebMD and Parenthood.com’s sites all offer some common-sense tips for keeping the stress factors related to the holidays under control. For creative and less typical ways to de-stress, try Prevention Magazine’s How to Have 31 Days of Healthy, Happy Holidays or Martha Stewart’s tips to Simplify the Season.
Then take some time out and explore the Organized Christmas website for lots of ways to simplify the holidays, including easy gift and craft recipes and printable pages that will guide your holiday planning.
Stressed about gaining weight during the holidays? Let Choosemyplate.gov help you make healthier eating choices for those holiday get-togethers.
Last, but certainly not least, be sure to check out these Monroe County Library System materials that will help you keep it simple and reduce stress.
- Unplug the Christmas machine: how to recapture the simple joys of Christmas by Jo Robinson & Jean Coppock Staeheli
- Redeeming the season: simple ideas for a memorable and meaningful Christmas by Kim Wier & Pam McCune
- Simplify your Christmas: 100 ways to reduce the stress and recapture the joy of the holidays by Elaine St. James
- Less doing, more living: make everything in life easier by Ari Meisel
- :60 second stress management by Andrew Goliszek
- Stress management therapy: perfect techniques for a more relaxed life!!! [DVD]
- Ultimate relaxation Christmas album II [Music CD]
- Holiday & celebrations, 2015 by Taste of Home Books
- A Merry Christmas Cookbook by Disney Press
- Christmas slow cooking: over 250 hassle-free holiday recipes for the electric slow cooker by Dominique DeVito
- South Beach diet parties & holidays cookbook: healthy recipes for entertaining family and friends by Arthur Agatston