Custer Resources Available at MCLS
About the Collection:
The George Armstrong Custer Collection of the Monroe County Library System is a multi-media resource center which specializes in the life and times of General George Armstrong Custer. The collection houses numerous books on the Civil War, Indians and the Custer story- but also maintains a wide variety of maps, photographs, video tapes, slides, sound recordings, paintings, and an extensive subject/vertical file.
Visiting and Research:
- The collection is housed at the Ellis Library & Reference Center, 3700 South Custer, Monroe, Michigan and is available for use by appointment only.
- Please call 734-241-5277 and ask for Reference
- Materials in the collection do not circulate. However, librarians from the Reference Department will be happy to assist individuals in gathering the necessary items from the collection. Photocopying is available for a nominal charge.
- Lawrence A. Frost Collection of Custeriana
- The Custer Monograph Series
- Dedication of the Custer Equestrian Statue Order Form: This video presentation was developed from authentic archival material in the Monroe County Library System'sCusterCollection. All rights reserved, MCLS. All money received will go to the Custer Collection.
- George Armstrong Custer Chronology
- Custer in the News
- The Custers in Monroe
- Custer on the Internet
- Custer Related Sites in Monroe
- George A. Custer Collection Newspaper Microfilm
- Images from the George A. Custer Digital Collection