Microsoft Office Accreditation Labs
Starting January 2015, the Monroe County Library System will offer free access to continuing education accreditation coursework in Microsoft Office. Keep yourself up-to-date on the newest software and technology to increase your job performance and marketability. Courses are offered through the GCFLearnFree program and are available for Microsoft Office 2000 - 2013. Each course is worth 1 free Continuing Education Unit (CEU). Computer access to these courses will be provided at the Bedford, Ellis, Dorsch and Navarre Branches.
Course Labs at Participating MCLS Branches
Computers have been scheduled for GCF Learn Free users at participating branches.
- Work at your own pace at a time that's convenient for you.
- On-site staff will be available to assist with account sign-up, site navigation and basic computer questions.
- Morning, afternoon and evening times are available to fit your schedule.
- Classes are available for Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access.
|Ellis Library & Reference Center||Bedford Branch Library||Dorsch Memorial Branch Library||Navarre Branch Library|
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
10 am - 12 pm
4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
1 pm - 3 pm
Computer hardware and software
- Using Windows (navigating the desktop, files & folders, toolbars, etc)
- WordPad (creating, editing and saving a document)
- Exploring the Internet (using web pages, email)
- Participants should have an email account set up ahead of time and know the passwords needed to access the account.
Patrons who need help with any of the above are invited to try one of the Computer Basic courses offered by the Monroe County Library System. To find out about upcoming computer classes, check the online calendar.
Register for the Lab
Please register to ensure that you will have a computer space. Contact a participating branch or register online.
About GCF LearnFree
The GCFLearnFree program helps users around the world learn the essential skills they need to live and work in the 21st century. From Microsoft Office and email to reading, math, and more, GCFLearnFree.org offers 125 tutorials, including more than 1,100 lessons, videos and interactives, completely free. You can learn more at GCFLearnFree.org.