May 7, 2016 through May 21, 2016
Exhibited at the Ellis Library & Reference Center
3700 South Custer Road, Monroe MI, (734) 241-5277
Anyone who resides, works, or is a student in Monroe County is eligible to enter the juried show. You may submit up to two pieces of work not previously shown at a Monroe City / County Fine Arts Council juried show. Work must be ORIGINAL. No copies or reproductions allowed! Art from photographs or drawings must be from your original work. Work must be executed within the last two years; framed, gallery wrapped, wired, and ready to hang, (limited in size to 40” x 40”– including frame). Sawtooth hangers are not acceptable. Committee may refuse entries that are copies, or that are deemed objectionable or unsuitable because of size or fragility.
- Best of Show-$150.00
- First Place in each category-$100.00
- Second Place in each category-$50.00
- Third place in each category-$25.00
- Find Your Park Award - $100.00
2016 Special Category: “Find Your Park” Representing any U.S. National Park, in celebration of the National Park Service’s 100th Birthday
- A non-refundable fee of $15.00 will be charged for up to two entries by the same artist.
- Additional entries are $10.00 each. Additional pieces may be returned to artists after the jurors comments on Saturday if the show meets maximum capacity.
- Entries need not be in the same medium.
- All flat art is to be framed and suitable for hanging.
Work may be dropped off on:
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016 from 4:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Thursday May 5, 2016 from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- At the Ellis Library & Reference Center
Submitting artists and guests may attend the juror’s comments on Saturday, May 7, 2016 at 3:30 pm at the Ellis Library & Reference Center, 3700 South Custer Road.
All entries are exhibited at the risk of the artist. MCCAC, the Library System, nor any of their representatives can be held liable for loss or damage. Reasonable precautions will be taken to protect the entries.
Unaccepted work must be picked up on Saturday, May 7 immediately following the juror’s comments. Accepted work must remain until Thursday, May 19, 2016, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, and can be picked up no later than Saturday, May 21during regular library hours.
The Monroe Art League, The Monroe Camera Club, The La-Z-Boy Foundation, Monroe Bank and Trust, The Jeannie and Dick Micka Foundation, and the Art Insight Emporium.
Hosted by the Monroe City / County Fine Arts Council and the Monroe County Library System