All Library Branches closing due to COVID-19
In light of additional news and recommendations regarding social distancing for the COVID-19 virus, the Monroe County Library System will be closed as of today, Sunday, March 15, 2020.
Thank you for your patience, support, and understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What should I do with the items I already have checked out? Will I have a fine if they're late?
- Please hang on to any checked out items until we reopen. You will not be charged a late fine.
Can I return my items to the drop box?
- We ask that patrons do not return items to the drop box. Please hang on to your items until the Library reopens. No fines will be issued.
I have an item on hold that's ready to pick up. What will happen to it?
- Patron holds will be kept safely on our shelves until we are able to reopen.
I have a different question about my account.
- Patrons with specific questions can email email@example.com and answers will be provided as soon as possible, or call 734-241-5770 and leave a message by pressing 4.
I do not have a library card, but would like to get one. How can I sign up?
- If you do not have a library card and wish to sign up, please call 734-241-5770 and leave a message by pressing 4. In your message, please provide all of the information listing on our Library Card Registration form. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
I don't have WiFi at home. Can the Library help?
- Many of our library branches have signals that are strong enough to reach the parking lot, even when the branches are closed. Those in need of WiFi are free to access our signal from the parking lot, but for social distancing and safety purposes, we ask that visitors remain in their vehicles while doing so.
In the coming days we will be sharing information for parents and students looking for educational resources during the school closures. Patrons may follow the Library on Facebook and Twitter, or her on our website for the latest updates.