The Monroe County Library System is pleased to announce the beginning of touch free curbside services.
Governor Whitmer’s recent Executive Orders 2020-110 and 2020-97 will allow most branches of the Monroe County Library System to begin offering curbside service as of Monday, June 8, 2020.
“We are eager to provide curbside service to our patrons and move to the next phase of re-opening,” said Nancy Bellaire, Director of the Monroe County Library System. "We appreciate the support and patience of our community during this time."
About Curbside Services
- Patrons will be notified when their requested items are available for pick-up
- They can then call their local library branch to schedule a convenient time for touch free curbside delivery
There is no public access to branches providing curbside pickup
Branch hours of operation have been modified to allow adequate time for staff to safely process materials. The most current hours of operation can be found here.
- Previously borrowed books may be returned to library drop boxes
- All due dates were extended during the Stay at Home Orders
- There will be no late fees on returned materials
- To minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all items are quarantined for a period of 4 days upon return to the Library. Items will remain checked-out on patron accounts during this quarantine time, but no late-fees will be accrued. After 4 days of quarantine, items will be checked-in and will no longer appear on patron accounts
Miss browsing our shelves? Not sure what to read or watch next? Try our Personalized Recommendation Service. Complete a recommendation form and a librarian will create a customized reading list for you. We will contact you as soon as possible with our recommendations.
Copy and Fax Services
Need a Library Card?
Senior Delivery Services
Library in Motion Senior Delivery Service continues to be postponed. If you are interested in curbside service for Senior Patrons, please call 734-241-5770 and ask for Library in Motion.