The Monroe County Library System returns to touch free curbside only services.
Due to the rising number of positive COVID-19 cases in Monroe County, and in an effort to maintain the health and safety of our community and staff, the Monroe County Library System will return to touch free, curbside only services starting Saturday, November 28, 2020.
“We are striving to provide a balance between important library services and public safety,” said Nancy Bellaire, Director of the Monroe County Library System. “This situation is rapidly changing and we appreciate the continued support and patience of our community during this time.”
About Curbside Services
- Patrons will be notified when their requested items are available for pick-up
- They can then call their local library branch to schedule a convenient time for touch free curbside delivery
Branch hours of operation have been modified to allow adequate time for staff to safely process materials. The most current hours of operation can be found here.
Select branches are able to offer 60 minute appointments for computer access in their community rooms. Please call for an appointment before arrival. These locations include:
- Bedford Branch Library
- Carleton Branch Library
- Frenchtown-Dixie Branch Library
- Ida Branch Library
- Petersburg Branch Library
Copy, Fax, and Mobile Printing Services
Dropbox and Returned Items
- Previously borrowed books may be returned to library drop boxes
- There will be no late fees on returned materials
- To minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, all items are quarantined for a period of 4 days upon return to the Library. Items will remain checked-out on patron accounts during this quarantine time, but no late-fees will be accrued. After 4 days of quarantine, items will be checked-in and will no longer appear on patron accounts
Education at Home
The Library is actively striving to support parents and students in search of educational resources during the challenges brought on by COVID-19. A collection of reliable online resources have been refined especially for children, middle and high school students, college students, adults preparing for certification or extended education, and educators.
If you miss browsing our shelves and aren't sure what to read or watch next, try the Library's Personalized Recommendation Service. Complete a recommendation form and a librarian will create a customized reading list for you. We will contact you as soon as possible with our recommendations.
Senior Delivery Services
To inquire about Senior Delivery or curbside service for senior patrons, please call 734-241-5770 and ask for Library in Motion.
Need a Library Card?